We would like to thank you for accepting to participate to ECOC 2017 in Gothenburg.
Below you will find some information that will help prepare your contribution.
All authors should have at least one registration attached to their paper on or before Thursday, 13 July in order to be included in the conference proceedings.
Instructions for Authors of Oral Presentations (Tutorials, Invited and Regular Oral Papers)
In order to ensure a smooth course during the sessions, we kindly ask presenting authors to consider the following:
The time slot for each presentation is:
- Tutorials: 60 min. (50 min. presentation and 10 min. discussion)
- Invited and upgraded papers: 30 min. (25 min. presentation and 5 min. discussion)
- Regular oral papers: 15 min. (12 min. presentation and 3 min. discussion)
- Workshops: Check with your workshop organizer for confirmation of timing
Session chairs have been instructed to rigorously enforce the schedule, i.e., to strictly limit the length of a presentation. We kindly ask you for your understanding and for your cooperation in keeping the schedule.
Be at the room of your session 15 minutes before session start, so that you can meet your session chairs and the other speakers in advance.
Speakers Preview Room and presentations
Presenters must report to the Speaker Preview Room and hand in the presentation at least 1 hour prior to your talk!
The presentation will then be sent to the room and each room has a technician that will assist and start the presentation for you.
No use of personal laptops will be allowed.
Speaker Preview Room opening hours:
Sunday, June 17, 13:00-19:30
Monday, June 18, 08:00-18:30
Tuesday, June 19, 07:30-17:30
Wednesday, June 20, 07:30-17:30
Thursday, June 21, 07:30-16:00
Place: Room R11-12
- Please bring your presentations on a USB memory stick in MS-Power Point or Adobe PDF format to the speaker preview room at least 1 hour prior to your presentation!
- Note that there will be no presentation uploads in the conference rooms. All presentations must be uploaded in the Speaker Preview Room prior to your presentation.
- Technical personnel will test-check your oral presentation for compatibility.
- Please give the technical personnel any special instructions you may have when you are in the Speaker Preview Room, not during your lecture.
There will be one technician in each room, the computers will be PC. In order to avoid any problems with your presentation please make sure that it fulfills the necessary requirements for the following software:
MS Office 2013 or earlier (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Windows Media Player
Adobe Acrobat Reader
Important Information for Poster Presentations
When preparing the poster, presenters should have in mind the objective of capturing the interest of attendees to the work that is being presented. The quality of the presentation stimulates the attention from the audience and improves the overall satisfaction of the community attending the conference. Use an appropriate font size allowing posters to be readable by delegates 1.5 m away.
The poster message should be clear and understandable without oral explanation. Further, we would like to call the attention of poster presenters to the following items:
- Each poster board is marked with a poster ID-number. Please find your poster ID-number in the final Programme (available later on the printed or PDF version).
- Authors are requested to use only the boards provided for their poster.
- Posters should be fixed to the poster board using pins which will be provided on site at the registration desk.
- Authors are required to stand by their posters during their whole scheduled poster session time on Wednesday and Thursday.
- The maximum size of your poster should be 90cm (width) x 120cm (height), portrait style.
We wish you good luck while preparing your paper and thank you for your cooperation!