We would like to thank you for accepting to participate to ECOC 2017 in Gothenburg.
Below you will find some information that will help prepare your contribution.
All authors should have at least one registration attached to their paper on or before Thursday, 13 July in order to be included in the conference proceedings.
Instructions for Authors of Oral Presentations (Tutorials, Invited and Regular Oral Papers)
In order to ensure a smooth course during the sessions, we kindly ask presenting authors to consider the following:
The time slot for each presentation is:
– Tutorials: 60 min. (50 min. presentation and 10 min. discussion)
– Invited and upgraded papers: 30 min. (25 min. presentation and 5 min. discussion)
– Regular oral papers: 15 min. (12 min. presentation and 3 min. discussion)
– Workshops: Check with your workshop organizer for confirmation of timing
Session chairs have been instructed to rigorously enforce the schedule, i.e., to strictly limit the length of a presentation. We kindly ask you for your understanding and for your cooperation in keeping the schedule.
Be at the room of your session 15 minutes before session start, so that you can meet your session chairs and the other speakers in advance.
A video projector and a laptop will be available in all conference rooms. The use of personal laptops has to be announced in advance in the Media Check Room.
Please bring your presentations on a USB memory stick or in MS-Power Point or Adobe PDF format to ECOC 2017 and submit it in the Media Check Room at least 1 hour prior to your talk!
The entrance to the Media Check Room will be possible for ECOC 2017 paper presenters only.
In order to avoid any problems with your presentation please make sure that it fulfills the necessary requirements for the following software:
MS Office Version 2007 Standard (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Adobe Acrobat Reader 8
◾Windows Standard Codecs
◾DivX, XviD – FFDShow 17.02.2005 Alpha
◾Windows Standard Codecs
◾OGG Vorbis 0.9.9.5
◾AC3 1.01.a RC5
Important Information for Poster Presentations
When preparing the poster, presenters should have in mind the objective of capturing the interest of attendees to the work that is being presented. The quality of the presentation stimulates the attention from the audience and improves the overall satisfaction of the community attending the conference. Use an appropriate font size allowing posters to be readable by delegates 1.5 m away.
The poster message should be clear and understandable without oral explanation. Further, we would like to call the attention of poster presenters to the following items:
- Each poster board is marked with a poster ID-number. Please find your poster ID-number in the final Programme (available later on the printed or PDF version).
- Authors are requested to use only the boards provided for their poster.
- Posters should be fixed to the poster board using pins which will be provided on site at the registration desk.
- Authors are required to stand by their posters during their whole scheduled poster session time.
We wish you good luck while preparing your paper and thank you for your cooperation!